You may have heard yesterday the UN declared a famine in Somalia!
over a million children could die in this famine!
You can text AID to 70000 to donate £5
The UN said malnutrition (GAM) has reached 50% in some areas. A level of 15% is considered an emergency, with 30% or more being one of the indicators of famine.
- CARE is providing assistance with food, water, wells and cash to the most vulnerable households in Puntland andSomaliland.
- Concern Worldwide is working in south and centralSomalia providing food vouchers, water, household items and healthcare for malnourished children and mothers.
- British Red Cross’ partner in Somali is providing healthcare in Puntland andSomaliland, food for the most vulnerable and wells. It has also distributed seeds and tools in south and centralSomalia ahead of hoped for rains.
- Merlin is providing emergency healthcare and food in centralSomalia, Puntland andSomaliland.
- Save the Children is providing supplementary feeding for vulnerable children and cash to vulnerable households inSomaliland and Puntland.
- Islamic Relief is providing food, water, sanitation and healthcare inMogadishu,Somaliland, Puntland and South Central Somalia.